Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Exodus

One of the mysteries of God that never seems to fascinate me is God's time table.  He used the nation of Egypt, under the leadership of Joseph, to save the future nation of Israel from famine by moving the entire clan there.  Then He lets 400 years go by before He leads them back to their own land in Canaan (today the nations of Israel and Jordan).  Interestingly enough, there is approximately 400 years between the end of the Old Testament and the beginning of the New Testament.  I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe that God had His reasons for the timing of both.  Numerology in the Bible is fascinating.  God must love numbers--even put a whole book in the Bible called "Numbers."  I have always loved numbers, too.  It's always fascinated me that my son, Jason, was born on 11/7, he weighed 11/7 at birth, and ten years later, he was baptized on 11/7.  And when his oldest son, Andrew, was born, my grandson weighed 7/11.  See, numbers are intriguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment